I've been wondering what to do with that journal lately. I originally created it thinking that I would use it for my fashion sketches and designs, but ever since I switched back out of the FD major I haven't had a lot of that stuff to post.
Couple ideas for what to do with it:
- Use it for an art journal. That would be great, but until I buy a new scanner I won't be able to post on it much. Rather like now.
- Snarky fashion commentary. (I just don't have the heart to be so snarky tho'.)
- Daily freewrite blog. Ten minutes of whatever happens to pop into my head, an exercise my fiction-writing teacher highly recommends. Of course, isn't that what I have this journal for?
- Book journal. This is actually the most plausible use for the journal. I read quite a bit and having a centralized place to post my reviews would be helpful. But my "reviews" are so ridiculously unhelpful and scattered that I don't think anyone else would want to read them.
(Of course, fashion_piranha never had a particularly high reader count anyway, so what difference would it make.)
- Daily photo journal. Force myself to take a photograph every day. Wouldn't be a bad idea, but I like the art journal, I lack a piece of technology to make this plausible. In this case, I have an old digital camera but not the flashcard reader or USB cord - I'm not even sure which piece I need - to get the photos off the camera. This would be easily fixed if I would just take the time to do it.
While I'm thinking about hardware, software and peripherals that I lack, I need a free web editor so I can get back onto Makaiju.net and at least change it so that it no longer directs to MySpace. Any recommendations, techie people?