Log in

No account? Create an account
10 May 2009 @ 11:42 am
Computer people I need help!!!  
So I was sitting in class and this guy pulls out his laptop.  It's closed, but I guess it's on, because he proceeds to pull out a stylus-pen and take notes throughout the class as if the laptop was a piece of paper.  It was so cool!  It looked like a regular lap-top when it was open - keyboard, screen, etc - but when it was closed I guess there was a second screen that he was writing on?

Does anyone know what I'm talking about?  I want one!!
Who makes laptops like that?  What terminology do I need to know if I want to go buy one?
blackmage runs with daggers.ruien on May 10th, 2009 09:40 pm (UTC)
do you mean the Thinkpad X-series tablet?
Paul Linh Nguyenanimekid on May 10th, 2009 11:48 pm (UTC)
Similar to what ruien linked.

They are a style of laptops known as "Tablet PCs".
Pricey little fellas, but as you can see why.

The LCD screen has more functionality than a your typical laptops.
Not only are you able to twist it around and close the system with the screen facing out, but as you saw, it is also a touch-screen.

Again, there are numerous vendors out there who sell them. That is, Lenovo (who manufacturers the Thinkpad family) is not the only one.
Amysrainofthenight on May 11th, 2009 09:49 am (UTC)
Woaw, awesome!