It's midterm season, which means testing and reevaluating scholastic performance thus far.
- Mesoamerican Art: I hate 9:30 classes, and I really need to make more of an effort to show up for this one. I got a 93 on the midterm, which is perfectly acceptable since I went into the class knowing nothing of the history of Central and South America, but I'm not applying myself in that class the way I should. My attendance is atrocious.
- History of Architecture: This is going OK, I think. Another class I need to attend more regularly; I am just awful with classes that meet daily but I really need to break the ditch-habit before I transfer to SJSU. The midterm wasn't too bad, although we won't find out our scores until next week. Drat.
- Drawing: Sooooo behind. Gotta put more time into my projects and get caught up. My teacher's been out sick all of this week, which is really sad, because she's the best.
- Painting: Had to drop the class. Taking two studio art classes in quarter just wasn't working for me. If I had a studio or private space to work, I might be able to manage it, but at home I'm constantly having to move or getting distracted by the noise of my family (like my mother, who constantly finds chores for me to do if she can see me) and I just can't get things done.
- Math. Let's not discuss it, for as always it fares badly.
Lush: It's a job. We were given revised employee handbooks on Sunday and had to sign them; the company seems to be foisting more and more responsibility on the store management without providing them the resources to properly research labor laws and that sort of thing. Whenever they ask us how we feel about the company, the questions are always at the store level, when (for me at least) it's the upper management that drives me batty. Oh well.
RHA: That's going well. I like that job. No real stories to report there.
This weekend I won't be working at either job, anyway; my family's going down to Southern California to visit my grandfather, who has officially been on hospice care since last Monday I believe. Really don't know how long he's going to last; could be a few weeks or not even that long. No one seems willing to hazard a guess, at least when I'm around.