(I totally forgot to leave a note here that I was going. Oops.)
I'll be posting about the trip - in backdated entries - in more details, with photos, but here are a few highlights:
- Flew out Tuesday the 17th. Returned Tuesday the 24th.
- Visited lots of Smithsonian museums, including the National Gallery, Portrait Gallery, American History, Natural History, and Native American museums. Tragically, DID NOT make it to the Freer Gallery or Air & Space Museum.
- Went on tours at the Bureau of Engraving and Printing and the National Archives.
- Managed to drag Shakespeare into the trip. I always bring Shakespeare into the party.
- Got food poisoning or some other sickness and got to visit a real Washington DC emergency room. Oh boy!
- On the return trip, our plane broke in Dallas! Fun times!
Full account of everything to come. In the meantime, here's a photo of me being a stupid tourist: