Log in

No account? Create an account
28 October 2010 @ 08:39 am
Is this a medical issue, or just something weird?  
For the past three or four days, something strange has been happening on my right temple. In my right temple? There's an intermittent fluttering sensation, next to my eye. I don't know how else to describe it; it really feels like a butterfly is flapping its wings right under my skin. It comes and goes. I don't know what the trigger is. At first, I thought it might be related to staring at the computer screen for long periods of time, but it happens even when I haven't looked at the screen for a while.

It's really weird. It doesn't hurt. It doesn't even last very long. Applying pressure with my fingertips helps alleviate the feeling, although it doesn't go away completely.

Have you ever heard of anything like this?
Kuruma Chidori: dulachidorichan on November 7th, 2010 04:45 pm (UTC)
Not with my eye, but I've had weird muscle spasms like that. They usually go away after a day--it can't hurt to have it checked out if it sticks around for a while, though.
Kuruma Chidori: hydechidorichan on November 7th, 2010 04:46 pm (UTC)
Okay, just looked it up and it's actually called a "muscle twitch." Spasms are apparently painful. ^^
Suzi: makaiju - tee-hee.  orisinalee.k00kaburra on November 7th, 2010 04:48 pm (UTC)
I didn't know there was a difference! ^^ The internet can be so educational.
moreteadk on November 7th, 2010 05:16 pm (UTC)
Sounds like a tic to me. Nothing to worry about, if possibly a little annoying.