I also told my boss about the internship today. When I got to work, she was super jumpy - the CEO has been on vacation so she's busy and flustered. I almost chickened out of bringing the topic up, but I knew that I had to tell her as soon as possible so she could figure out how to cover my hours...and also, I needed to find out what the odds of my having a job to come back to in November would be. She was surprised, but very happy for me! She seems pretty certain that there would be nothing to prevent me from coming back in November, which would be great. Of course, that would ultimately be the CEO's decision, not hers...but my fingers are crossed.
I can't help but worry, though. Last year, one of the maintenance guys took a month's leave to tour with his band, and when he got back he was told that he no longer had a job. Harsh, right? I don't want the same thing to happen to me!
But I really want this internship, so even if there wasn't going to be a job for me in November, I'd take the opportunity. Seanie has been really supportive, even though it means we'll be separated for several months!