- SFMOMA is a large, well-regarded institution.
- The museum is closed until 2016 for remodeling, but when it reopens there will hopefully be a lot of new positions to fill.
- This exhibition in the South Bay is great because I don't have to commute up to San Francisco every day.
- I'm an on-call attendant - essentially, a back-up performer - so there won't be a lot of hours. But that's OK given that I'm taking those classes at DeAnza.
- Contemporary art isn't really my thing, as I said, but an art museum is closer to my eventual goals than another history museum would be.
I actually like installations that are part of this show because it is very South Bay-focused, with a lot of emphasis on local culture and history. A lot of the exhibits do need a bit of explanation to be properly enjoyed, but they are relatively accessible to an audience that may not spend much time around modern art. I couldn't see everything today, because I had to run back to San Jose for a dentist appointment, but I'll definitely write about the show in greater depth when I get a chance to explore it more.