- Elizabeth Mott It's So Big Volumizing Mascara (Ipsy): I'm rarely loyal to a mascara, but I have to admit that this one is pretty sweet. It makes my lashes look longer, doesn't clump, and generally looks great. As an added bonus, it doesn't transfer onto the lenses of my glasses like a lot of other brands I've tried over the years.
- Tiesta Tea Maui Mango (Escape Monthly): Delicious tea. It's a bonanza of tropical fruits: pineapple, mango, orange, and strawberries. It was voted the best iced tea at the 2009 World Tea Expo, and definitely won for a reason. I love it!
- Yuki no Yado Senbei (Skoshbox) - As boxes go, Skoshbox kinda sucked, but I'll always be grateful that it introduced me to these rice crackers. Sugar frosting is drizzled on top so there's a pleasant mix of sweetness and saltiness. I've found these at local Asian markets and buy them every time.
- Be a Bombshell Lip Crayon in Hot Damn (Ipsy) - This is the lip crayon that convinced me I could carry off bright colors. It is such a strong, vibrant shade of red that I was intimidated at first, but it actually works with my skin tone.
- Jackson’s Honest Potato Chips in Sea Salt (Escape Monthly) : I honestly can’t taste much difference between Jackson's Potato Chips and the brands stocked by Safeway, but I do notice my fingers seem much less greasy than usual. Plus, a portion of each sale goes to The Children’s Hospital Colorado, so I feel less guilty about eating these because I'm helping out sick kids. They are pricey, though, so I can't indulge as much as I'd like.
There have been lots of other really awesome things. Narrowing down the list to only five items was hard. But after a little over a year of subscription boxes, these have been my absolute favorite things. Food and make-up. Me in a nutshell, apparently.